Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: video to film

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Atramus's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am planning on shooting a short on a 3CCD camera. If I got this converted to 16mm would the quility be good enough to enter into festivals?????

    Mikey

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Shabaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2000
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    unfortunately if you shoot on video it will mostly likly still look like video in 16mm format. but if you try and make it look the best it can on video while shooting - good lighting etc. then the quality will be decent.

    but imo, you shouldnt worry about quality of the picture as much as the quality of the movie. the quality of the picture usually means nothing when judging the final product.

    good luck
    Shabaz

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree--what I would do is make a the movie the best you can. Then I would submit it to video festivals, if it goes over well then make a print. Prints can get very expensive very quickly--so you want to be sure it is well worth it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •